How to stop anyone from adding you to WhatsApp groups
WhatsApp groups are a great way to connect with family, friends, or even coworkers. The feature is also used by many people to add to groups to sell products or promote services. Some times these groups admins adds people without the participants’ permission, and this can be frustrating for many. Most of us hate being part of unwanted groups and consider it rude to hang out in groups. The best way out of this is with a filter that stops random people from adding you to WhatsApp groups.
How to avoid adding anonymous users to groups
Fortunately, there is a mechanism you can modify in the privacy section of your WhatsApp account. This feature will protect you stop random people to add you in random WhatsApp groups. This setting allows you to customize which groups you can add, and by default, the system is set to ‘Everyone’, which means anyone with your phone number can add you to the group. Note that group administrators can send you invitations and prompt you to join groups even after you’ve changed the setting. You can avoid people from adding you to random WhatsApp groups, follow the steps below:
- Open WhatsApp and click on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Settings option and tap on Account.
- Click on Privacy > Groups. The default setting set to ‘all’.
- You can choose from three options – ‘Everyone’, ‘My Contacts’ and ‘My Contacts’.
- The ‘Everyone’ option allows you to add any user to a group with your phone number without your permission.
- The ‘My Contacts’ option only allows users to add groups that you have saved in groups to your contact list.
- The last ‘contacts other than me’ option allows you to filter and remove the contacts you dont want to allow to add to the groups.
Read this also.. Get Your MSME Loan in Easy Steps